- Authors: Feiglin B, Gutmann JL, Oikarinen K, Pitt Ford TR, Sigurdsson A, Trope M, Vann Jr, WF, Andreasen FM.
- Title: Guidelines for the evaluation and management of traumatic dental injuries.
- Journal: Endod Dent Traumatol
- Date: Dec 1999
- Citation: 15(6):284-90
- Category: Trauma
- Evidence-based Ranking: 5
- Purpose/Objectives: To review basic guidelines for the proper management of traumatic dental injuries
Discussion/Review: These three papers provide guidelines in table format for 1) treatment for tooth and bone fractures in the permanent dentition, 2) treatment guidelines for luxation permanent teeth, and 3) treatment guidelines for avulsed permanent teeth with closed apex. Each article lists, in table format, a diagnosis of the clinical situation, radiographic assessment and findings, recommended treatment, patient instructions and recommended follow-up intervals and suggestions. Reviewers Comments: Good reference for specific trauma classifications. These guidelines are incorporated into the AAEs Recommended Guidelines of the American Association of Endodontists for the Treatment of Traumatic Dental Injuries.